Monday, August 12, 2013

How to get more engagement on your Social Media presence?

If it is one thing that I have learned in my years of Network Marketing is that you need people to to be engaged and excited about you and your opportunity. Without an engaged audience your business will go nowhere.

Today, I am going to share with you some of my tactics and best practices I use to keep my followers excited and engaged.

I am going to assume that if you are reading this post, you already have an Social Media presence. For ease I will refer to Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Twitter. I centralize my efforts using Google, even though I have never been a fan of the Google conglomerate. With Google Chrome and a simple application called Buffer, I am able to simply manage content.

Your content is everything when it comes to keeping your fans engaged. The problem I had was finding something to write about every day. I reached out to others in my field and found that I did not have to create new content every day. From my mentors I found sources like Entrepreneur, The SBA, Inc, and other marketing magazine websites, to Buffer content to my Social Media sites. Simply Buffering the content will not build engagement. With every Buffer post, I always put my spin on the article and end with a question.

If you follow me, (FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+) you will see that many of my posts are inspirational pictures. While detailed content is great, these sites are Social orientated and pictures do speak loud. I find my inspirational pictures in my own photo library and simply Googling for them. However, when I Google them, I make sure they are public domain. If they are not, I try to reach out to the owner to get permission and give them credit in the post.

Now with this information, get out there and start getting some engaging content to your Social Media sites. Look out for my future post on optimizing your FaceBook Fan Page following and content.

No comments: